Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Easy to make and great combination of flavors! Gluten free and reduced sugar.
Author: Ali Kerr
Cuisine: Baked Goods
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 2 cups think rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Maldon salt
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- With a fork, mash bananas together with lemon juice. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar; mix in banana until smooth. Mix in egg and egg yolk until combined with vanilla extract. With mixer on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out using a spoon to shape cookies 2-inches apart. Bake for 11 - 12 minutes rotating pan halfway through (they should still be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes; serve.