CHOCOLATE BROWNIE CAKES
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups organic sugar
- 1¾ cups gluten free flour
- ¾ teaspoon Maldon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into ½-inch pieces (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 10 individual baking dishes or cupcake pan. Whisk cocoa, espresso powder, and boiling water together in large bowl until smooth. Add unsweetened chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted. Whisk in melted butter and oil. Add eggs, yolks, and vanilla and continue to whisk until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, flour and salt. Mixed the chocolate mixture and flour until combined; fold in bittersweet chocolate pieces.
- Place batter into prepared dishes (or cupcake pan) and bake until toothpick inserted halfway between edge and center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 17 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute. Flip individual pans over onto each place; serve.