Chocolate cupcakes frosted with hazelnut chocolate frosting. Add sprinkles and it's perfect for birthdays! Gluten free and reduced sugar.
Author: Ali Kerr
Cuisine: Baked Goods
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch Maldon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners. In an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes; add vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk, sour cream, and espresso powder. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With the electric mixer on low, alternate adding the liquid mixture and the dry mixture; starting and ending with the dry mixture.
- Place batter into the cupcake liners until ¾ full. Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool and frost with cream cheese frosting or hazelnut frosting.