Chocolate Soufflé Cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache
Author: Ali Kerr
Cuisine: Baked Goods
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 7 eggs separated, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and sugar a 9" springform pan. Melt butter, unsweetened chocolate, and semi sweet chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat.
- In an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and ¾ cup sugar until think and pale, about 3 minutes. Add Grand Marnier and chocolate and mix until combined. In a clean electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks from. Add remaining ¼ cup sugar and beat for 20 more seconds. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture carefully making sure not to deflate the egg whites.
- Once the mixture is combined pour it into the springform pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes until edges are cooked but middle is moist. Cool completely.
- In an electric mixer beat whipping cream until thick. Melt bittersweet chocolate in the microwave on low heat until melted. With the mixer on medium speed add the chocolate to the whipping cream. Top the cake with the whipped chocolate ganache; serve.