GRILLED STEAK ENCHILADA BAKE
- 1 pound Flank Steak, grilled and cut into half inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated and divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- corn tortillas
- 1 16oz jar of tomatillo salsa or roasted hatch salsa verde
- 2 cups black beans
- STEAK: grill steak on the grill over medium low heat until its cooked through and slightly pink. Cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes. Once cooled, cut steak into bite size pieces and cover with foil.
- ENCHILADA SAUCE: heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, green chiles, and garlic. Cook until tender, about minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pinch of salt and pepper. Add milk and simmer until slightly thickened, about three minutes. Add ½ cup of Monterey Jack cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add in sour cream.
- LAYERING: preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large baking dish. Place a layer of corn tortillas covering the bottom of the pan. Place and spread a large spoonful of tomatillo salsa over the layer of corn tortillas. Next, add a large spoonful of the enchilada sauce and spread over the tomatillo salsa. On top of this, spread ⅓ of the grilled steak and ⅓ of the black beans. Sprinkle some Monterey Jack cheese over the steak and beans. Repeat layering steps. End with corn tortillas on top with tomatillo salsa. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese. Place in the over on broil for 3 minutes.