MOCHA CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
Serves: 12 cookies
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. In a separate bowl, whisk brown sugar, eggs, espresso powder, and vanilla together. In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally, until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture until combined. Fold in flour mixture until no dry streaks remain. Place confectioners’ sugar in separate shallow bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons dough at a time, and roll into balls (dough may be sticky). Drop dough balls directly into granulated sugar and roll to coat. Transfer dough balls to confectioners’ sugar and roll to coat evenly. Evenly space dough balls on prepared sheets, leaving room for them to spread while baking.
- Place cookies in the oven until they are puffed and cracked. The edges will have begun to set, but centers are still soft; about 10 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking; serve.